My granddaughter LJ is my inspiration. She meets life head on and on her own terms. This morning we went to a pottery painting session. (Thank you @lescadeauxgifts )
The paints were a wonderful array of pastel colours in a circular palette. LJ started with one colour then decided that she wanted to use them all at once. She dipped her paint brush in each one and mixed – the resulting muddy brown may not have been my first choice but she was beaming. Covered her ‘bunny rabbit’ in it, clapped her hands and wandered off in search of another bun.
I want to be #morelikeLJ
My aims for this summer are:
- Stop saying sorry
- Remember I am not responsible for other people – I can support but ultimately they are responsible for themsleves
- If I’m happy with something and I’ve done my best I’m not going to worry about what others might think.
- I will plan my goals according to what I want to do (I’m 60 soon – surely almost ready for ‘I shall wear purple’)
- Be kind – my grandmother taught me that and I aim to leave the same legacy to my 3 grandchildren.
- If all else fails I will go and get another bun
So this Summer I WILL be #morelikeLJ